Sunday, August 1, 2010

Playlist

Music is a huge part of my life and I love reading (hearing?) what other runners listen to while they run. To that end, I thought I would share my current running playlist. Some of the song titles are hyperlinks; if you click on them it will take you to an Amazon page where you can listen to a sample of the song and/or download the mp3 file. Fair warning: some of the lyrics are explicit.
I know some runners set up their playlists to match the pace at which they run, but I'm not that organized. I usually just listen to mine on shuffle and hit "skip" if the beat of the song isn't a close enough match for my pace. I'm not sure what it says about me that this list skews so heavily toward Rob Zombie and The Ramones, but there you go.

In actual running news, yesterday I did two miles again, alternating one minute of running and one minute of walking between my warm-up and cool-down (instead of 30 seconds of running and one minute of walking like I'd been doing). Holy cow, that kicked my ass. But it felt pretty great, too!

I'm taking today off, and tomorrow I'm back at it again. Flipping the calendar over to August this morning lit a fire under me -- my 5K is September 25. I'd better get moving!

2 comments:

  1. I use a GPS app (RunTracker) to track each run and it will start playing a preset playlist automatically. It doesn't shuffle though so even though the playlist has about 60 songs in it I've never gone past the 8th one running/walking yet:
    1. Hells Bells - AC/DC
    2. Grind - Alice in Chains
    3. It's Not Love - Dokken
    4. Just Lose It - Eminem
    5. Lose Yourself - Eminem
    6. Turn The Page - Metallica
    7. Enter Sandman - Metallica
    8. Shout At the Devil - Motley Crue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction - Just created a couple of new shorter playlists and as I was checking to make sure they showed up in the app, I saw the shuffle control. Sooo.. it does do that.

    ReplyDelete