Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goal setting in one easy step

My running goal(s) for 2011 can be summed up in one word: DISTANCE.

I am not going to concern myself with speed at all this year. I do not have any races planned (though I certainly wouldn't pass up a 5K or three or twelve, if the right one(s) came along) so I have no real reason to work on speed right now anyway.

Instead, I'm going to work on increasing the distance that I can run easily. What I really really want to do -- my goal, specifically, for this year -- is to run a 10K. Not a 10K race, mind you. I just want to be able to run 6.2 miles easily, as a matter of course. By the end of this year, I want 10 kilometers to feel like nothing.

I'm definitely planning to run the Capitol 10K race in early 2012, and if I can get to the point where running a 10K is just another easy/average running day for me before the end of this year, I should be golden. I realize most runners would need way less than a year to prepare for a 10K race, but most runners don't have fibromyalgia, right? Right!

So yeah, the key word this year is DISTANCE. I'm going to earmark the entire year of 2011 for 10K training. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment